According to the DEFINITIONS attached, we have developed the following practices and policies to safeguard your information.
Your Non-Personal Information
When you visit a Site page, we may collect non-personal information from you, such as the Internet browser or computer operating system you are using. We use this information to provide you with better service and to improve this Site. We will not sell or disclose non-personal information to other companies or organizations.
Your Personal Information
When you register for a service through PTI or make service elections such as signing up for a SMARTCARD, you may voluntarily provide us with personal information.
PTI will only use your personal and health-related personal information for the following purposes:
- We will manage your prescription benefits and process your prescription drug claims. This process may involve sharing certain information with you and/or your doctor, pharmacist, health plan and/or program administrator. These disclosures are made in full compliance with the terms of your health plan or prescription benefit plan.
- We will facilitate the processing of orders that you have placed with your convenient PTI network pharmacy.
- At your request, we may from time to time send you general information regarding health conditions and/or medicines. We may also from time to time send you information about promotional offers that may interest you.
- At the request of either you or your health plan, we may send your information or contact you regarding programs designed to improve your health.
PTI also reserves the right to use your personal information or PHI to generate aggregate data for the following purposes:
- To better serve you, we may perform statistical analyses of the traffic patterns, site usage and behaviors associated with this Site. We may use these analyses to generate aggregate data that we may sell or disclose to other companies or organizations in conjunction with utilization review and reimbursement.
- PTI reviews and analyzes drug utilization information in the aggregate to study outcomes, costs and provider profiles, and to suggest formulary and plan benefit designs for your employer or health plan. These studies generate aggregate data that we may sell or disclose to other companies or organizations.
Under certain circumstances, PTI may be legally compelled to release your personal information or PHI in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation. Under these circumstances, we may notify you unless doing so would violate the law and/or court order. Pursuant to the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), PTI is required to safeguard your individually identifiable health information as PHI.
Information on Our Site Security
The information for the account(s) you have with PTI is kept secure and confidential through multiple security features and procedures:
- The information you request from this Site for your account(s) can only be accessed with your personal password. It is your responsibility to keep your password confidential.
- Do not disclose your password to anyone. Our employees and associates will never ask you for your password.
- Never write your password on something others may see.
- Contact us immediately to change your password if you suspect someone has discovered it.
- Information you submit through this Site, as well as the information we send back to you while you are visiting this Site, is protected while passing through the Internet using strong encryption (“scrambling” to make it incomprehensible) when necessary. Our secure server software encrypts information, ensuring that Internet communications through this Site stay private and protected.
- This Site uses a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol to protect communication between your browser and our server. SSL is also used to protect communications between our web server and our processing server.
- All personal and health-related personal information is kept on a physically separate server with firewalls that meet industry standards to prevent intruders from gaining access.
- PTI has policies and procedures in place to limit access to your information to only those who have a business need to view it.
Family Member Information
This Site may include features through which Members in a program administered by PTI can request their prescription history for covered household members.
To request prescription history information for adult dependents, the member must certify at the time of registration that permission has been obtained from the affected dependents. The member also must agree to use the dependents’ prescription history solely for the purposes of prescription benefit management. Prescription history cannot be used for any other purposes without the written consent of the adult dependents.
Usage by Children
This Site is neither intended nor designed to attract users who are minors. Where appropriate, we specifically instruct minor children not to submit such information without the consent of a parent or guardian.
To request the removal of personal information submitted by a minor child, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
When you view this Site, we may store information on your computer. This information will be in the form of a cookie or similar file and will be used to determine ways to improve this Site, advertisements, products or services. With most Internet browsers, you can erase cookies from your hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
You can choose to receive e-mail from PTI on selected health topics and/or promotions. These e-mail messages include instructions for discontinuing their receipt. You can also use this Site to send an e-mail inquiry to PTI which may result in a reply being sent to an e-mail address that you provide.
Responses sent from the PTI customer service team to your e-mail provider may not be secure or may be intercepted by third parties. By using the e-mail service, you accept the risk of transmitting information from PTI to your personal e-mail address in an unsecure environment.
If you are receiving e-mail correspondence at an employer’s e-mail address, please note that, under law, the employer may be permitted to review the contents of any e-mail messages received at this address. If you are concerned about the confidentiality of your e-mail messages, you may wish to use a home e-mail address.
Correct and/or Update Your Information
You can correct or update your personal health-related personal information at any time using the following options:
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Write to:
Attention: Client Services
O. Box407, Boys Town, Nebraska 68010
Sale or Transfer of Information in the Event of Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy
PTI considers the information obtained through this Site to be important assets of PTI. As a result, in the event PTI is acquired, merges with another entity, becomes insolvent and/or declares bankruptcy, this Site and/or any information obtained through it may be transferred or sold to another entity in accordance with applicable law.
Links to Other Sites
Therefore, we recommend that you visit this page periodically so that you will be apprised of any changes.
How to Send Us Your Comments
Specific questions regarding the enforcement of this policy should be directed to PTI Legal Department, c/o James D. Buser, PANSING HOGAN ERNST & BACHMAN LLP, 10250 Regency Circle, Suite 300, Omaha, Nebraska 68114.
PTI means Pharmaceutical Technologies, Inc.®, National Pharmaceutical Services® (NPS), and IHMO Pharmacy and any other entity or group that is a division of or controlled by Pharmaceutical Technologies, Inc.®, a Nebraska corporation.
Non-Personal Information means information that cannot personally identify a user of this website or be used to contact the user. Examples include (1) type of Internet browser, (2) type of computer operating system and (3) the domain name of the website and/or Internet service provider from which a user linked to this website, and so on.
Personal Information means information that could be used to identify or contact a user of this website. Examples include your name, birthday, e-mail address, mailing address, policy information, social security number, telephone number, and so on.
Protected Health Information (PHI) means individually identifiable health information as defined under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) at 45 C.F.R. § 160.103.
Aggregate Data means summary level data, such as the number of SMARTCARD members of a specific gender, in a specific zip code, that have chosen a specific pharmacy. Aggregate data does not contain information that can be used to identify or contact a user of this website, such as the user’s name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. Aggregate Data may consist of de-identified data, as defined by HIPAA.
Cookie is a unique identifier that a website transfers to a user’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. PTI’s cookies are used to personalize a user’s on-line experience and include only information that a user or the user’s employer has already provided to PTI. Our cookies are deleted from the user’s hard drive when he or she closes the browser session.
Server is the computer or computer program that houses and/or distributes data.
Firewall is a set of related programs that protects the resources of a private network from users from other networks.
Cardholder or Member is the policyholder of the prescription benefit administered by PTI or SMARTCARD policyholder. Dependents are covered by the cardholder’s benefit.
Adult Dependent is a dependent 18 or more years of age. Adult dependents have privacy rights through which they may choose not to share their prescription history information with other household members, including spouses, parents or guardians.
©2017 Pharmaceutical Technologies, Inc.